affiliate marketing the artificial life observer: Student claims assault at college

Friday 24 February 2012

Student claims assault at college


BUKIT MERTAJAM: A Form Five student from the Royal Military College in Sungai Besi, Selangor, has lodged a police report claiming that he was assaulted by the staff and trainers.

M. Luke Murphy, 17, from Taman Tokun Jaya here, said he and eight others were kicked and hit on their backs by the staff who accused them of harassing several Form Four students.

Painful experience: Luke showing a copy of the police report during a press conference in Bukit Mertajam, Penang. With him is his father.

“I was ‘tortured’ so badly that I decided to call my parents to take me home as I could not stand it anymore.

“I was kicked when I was slow in walking to my quarters. I was still weak as I had just recovered from a high fever six days earlier,” he said, adding that the report was lodged at the district police headquarters on Wednesday.

Luke, who was speaking at a press conference called by Penang MCA Public Complaints Bureau head Tan Teik Cheng, said they were roused from their sleep at 2.30am on Sunday and made to do tough exercises for 90 minutes.

“We were later punished when we failed to wake up at 5am. We were also penalised when we refused to wash the toilets and mop the staff rooms.

“But I am willing to return to the college if the Defence Ministry is able to guarantee my safety,” he added.

His father Mathew Michael, 44, said he was disappointed with the camp commander, who he claimed “behaved in a rude manner” when he tried to discuss the matter with him.

“I am now worried about my son’s future as he has always wanted to join the army but I cannot accept the treatment he received at the college.”

Also at the press conference was Bukit Mertajam MCA division chief Lau Chiek Tuan who urged the ministry to conduct a thorough investigation.

In a statement, the ministry said that, as a standard procedure, the Armed Forces has ordered an independent team to investigate the allegations and that the findings would be made known to the parents.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...